My need for self-flagellation is immense. Must be. Why else would I do this? Climb mountains just because they're there, get inspired by the words "One giant leap for mankind", dream up stupendous air castles and then try to build them. I put the Priori of Scion to shame.
Ah, who am I kidding? I've gotten so lazy these days that the least effort sends me on these flights of self-pitying fancy.
You guessed it, I'm in trouble with my book. Bloody book. Stinking, mucky, pathetic, pretentious, sorry-assed excuse for a book which isn't worth the electrons it burns out as it sits on my computer screen. Oh, shitty book.
I don't have writers' block, OK? Read this post. Hullo? I am writing. OK? These are words and they are coming out of my fingertips. My left brain is not suddenly bereft of words or barren of thoughts. Bereft! Look at that! I haven't used that word in years, but it just dripped off my keyboard ... effortlessly. Like rain from a thundercloud, only with a clattery sound rather than - you know - thundery.
This is clearly not writers' block.
What this is I don't know, but you gotta help me. I don't know what to do next with my novel... I am completely stuck, and so you have to pick something for me, and I will write it into the book and that will give me a way to move onward. Vote on something in the column on the right - this is stuff I have mined randomly from the dares flying around on the NaNoWriMo forums.
Ready? Set... vote!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fixin' to move
Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...
-
As I type up last Friday's blog inviting questions for the weekly "Ask Me Anything Day", Saurabh looks over my shoulder. Click...
-
Yes, there have been no updates lately, but that is because - well - With a view towards relaxation and general surfing, I trolled LJ for fu...
-
. I have yet again managed to rip my schedule to shreds and shamelessly shy away from work. I need to do something about it... and what bet...
I don't remember who said it, but a famous writer said something to the effect "If you're stuck, have a man come through the door with a gun."
ReplyDeletehi ni name is also nandini...n i think ure totally nuts!
ReplyDeleteI'm a fren of hers...
Ary we're kindda bored lol...