Monday, November 6, 2006

Reconnecting

Orkut has put me back in touch with people I haven't even thought of in years. An exhilarating if somewhat unsettling experience. Very like a roller-coaster.

It's surprising how little they've all changed. The freaks are still freaks, the stuck-up ones still can't be bothered to have a meaningful conversation with lowlifes like me, the friendly ones are still chirpy and happy, the weirdos are still strange. One unbelievably airheaded female is more full of it than ever.

Makes me wonder, you know?

I was a complete mess when I was a kid. On one hand, I was needy and pathetic and a slave for approval, and on the other I was haughty and judgemental and convinced of my superiority. In 6th std (6th grade, whatever) we had an election for class monitor. As a teacher's pet, my nomination was no surprise, but I ended up with one - count 'em - one vote out of sixty. (No, I didn't vote for myself - the nominees were all sent out of the class while the others voted.)

I haven't come very far, have I?

You tell me. I created a Johari window for myself to aid in this stock-taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fixin' to move

Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...