Monday, June 7, 2004
Converted!
It pays to be a nagging, HP-obsessive debater. I have, through these very qualities, managed to make the boyfriend read the first three Harry Potter books.
After the first one, he was telling me he had far, far better things to do with three hours of his life. After the second, he was quoting passages from the book and telling me how much fun he was having. After the third, he became a true convert by making the standard fan statements: that Rowling's imagination and storytelling skills are splendid, that he couldn't wait to read the next book and that a writer like JKR comes by once in a lifetime.
All hail me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fixin' to move
Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...
-
As I type up last Friday's blog inviting questions for the weekly "Ask Me Anything Day", Saurabh looks over my shoulder. Click...
-
Yes, there have been no updates lately, but that is because - well - With a view towards relaxation and general surfing, I trolled LJ for fu...
-
. I have yet again managed to rip my schedule to shreds and shamelessly shy away from work. I need to do something about it... and what bet...
Hey there Wendelin The Weird! Liked your blog, especially your post about Converted!. I have a site where you can get more info about niche. If that interest you , feel free to take a look here: http://sourcecoderights.com/go/6055 Thanks!
ReplyDelete