Friday, June 11, 2004
Job
So I went off to town (literally - roamed around Raffles Place and City Hall for days) to attend a few interviews, certificates tucked under one arm and umbrella under the other (rained like mad). I thought it would be a long shot, since I generally consider myself unemployable. Imagine my surprise when all the jobs I interviewed for were offered to me.
This is no idle boast, people. Granted, in my naivete, I went for a couple of interviews with insurance agencies and it was a while before I smelt the rats there. But I got legitimate job offers, too - one as a PR person for a small vitamin-selling place (which paid 1.6k only so that was off the cards), one really swanking job as a writer and web-presence-maintenance person for another small health-and-fitness co., and one "business development manager" (swanky name for runner of roadshows) for a firm that organises conferences. (FYI, I didn't apply for any techie jobs for obvious reasons.)
So here I am, looking at the prospect of a very decent salary and financial security for the coming months. Yay.
How I'm going to manage Australs prep with this job on one hand baffles me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fixin' to move
Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...
-
As I type up last Friday's blog inviting questions for the weekly "Ask Me Anything Day", Saurabh looks over my shoulder. Click...
-
Yes, there have been no updates lately, but that is because - well - With a view towards relaxation and general surfing, I trolled LJ for fu...
-
. I have yet again managed to rip my schedule to shreds and shamelessly shy away from work. I need to do something about it... and what bet...
Hi Wendelin The Weird, As you are probably aware, there are so many junk filled blogs. As I was searching for own product related information today, it was a nice break from the 'usual' to come across your blog. I am happy I searched for ##LINK"" related ideas today. Thanks.
ReplyDelete