Wednesday, March 28, 2007

HPDH COVER ART!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.

Click on "Read More" if you're SURE you want to see the HP UK covers. SPOILER ALERT!




Hmm, I wonder whose locket this is... ;)



I like the art of the UK Children's cover less than the US one, but you have to admit this one's chock full of clues! Is that Dobby on Harry's back, with Gryffindor's sword? Are they in some Gringott's vault, and is this when one of Gringott's security mechanisms is kicking in and they're falling out through some hole - to the dragons' lair?! Here's what's brilliant: in both the US and UK children's covers, Harry doesn't seem afraid (and if you've seen the US cover, you'll find that even more impressive). Ron and Hermione look scared witless, but Harry's just... determined in this one and cool in the US one.

What on earth is that incircle on the spine? That's where the cracked black Peverell Ring was on the cover of HBP.



Now THAT's more like it! This is breathtakingly beautiful covert art... I am coveting! This, more than any other US HP cover, has convinced me that I need a second set of books, the US editions, because they're just so goshdarned pretty.

Anyway - notice, Harry is totally cool, confident, almost smiling! Voldemort is retreating as Harry charges. Wandless duel! Ghostly spectators! It all points to this arena being.... wait for it... INSIDE the world of the veil! DUM DUM DUM DAAAAM!

And is that a time-turner around Harry's neck? Ah - a way out of the land of death... Woooooooo!

*is very breathless from theorising and theorising*

Sigh. Now I'm all excited again. Was there a time when I was cynical and blase about Book 7? Did Book 6 really disappoint me so much? My memory grows strangely weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fixin' to move

Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...