No column today coz I already wrote TWO for money. Brain is screaming for a break from writing. But no can do. Gotta write something more in my novel.
I joined a writer's group, see. The first meeting was last Tuesday. It's amazing to see actual, REAL WRITERS, man. There's even a guy there who's published two novels. His name is Zack. I didn't ask his last name, though, or the name he writes under because that would just be offensive (there are like 6 other people in the group). Writes fast-paced cops-and-robbers chase stories. Looks the type, too.
Anyway, the point is I need ten pages to show for tomorrow's meeting. And now that I've heard everyone else's I refuse to go there with my crappy first-draft, thanks very much. Being in a writing group is paying off already. The pressure is incredible.
AND, I gotta do taxes today. At least, I was supposed to. I am just staring at these sheets so that the tiny letters are running together forming interesting shapes. (Psst, don't tell my husband.) There's just so much stuff to find out. I realised on Saturday that I might be able to deduct student loan interest from Singapore. I can't verify it though. Nothing here suggests I can't consider overseas loans deductable... but is that the sort of thing where you can take silence to mean assent?
Bloody laundry is going on.
Dinner does not stand a good chance of being started.
I think I'm going to push dinner over to Saurabh. He has fish sitting in the freezer. I'm not hungry anyway.
There's something in my list of chores I'm forgetting. I just know there is.
I'm not writing a column today, okay?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fixin' to move
Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...
-
As I type up last Friday's blog inviting questions for the weekly "Ask Me Anything Day", Saurabh looks over my shoulder. Click...
-
Yes, there have been no updates lately, but that is because - well - With a view towards relaxation and general surfing, I trolled LJ for fu...
-
. I have yet again managed to rip my schedule to shreds and shamelessly shy away from work. I need to do something about it... and what bet...
You're a writer? :oWhoa!
ReplyDeleteAwesome, you write a column ?