Friday, March 17, 2006

Da Motha's Bank

First: Got a couple of seconds to spare? You might like this.

Second: Aye Kay reported this interesting little ditty about a month ago on this blog: guess who some guy is thinking of casting to play Mother Theresa in his movie?

Paris Hilton.

I think it's because of the uncanny resemblance.


Anyway, lots of people blogged outragedly, and we shall be expecting outraged Muslims to storm and burn the Hilton Castle 90210 any moment now.

(What, they said they were against all types of insults...)

Actually Mother Theresa (henceforth Motha T) was quite the little scammer, schemer and possibly, skimmer (off the top), which may be what's causing the Muslims to hesitate. Until recently, my only criticism of da Motha would have been her forcible baptisms of the dying - which I thought was a minor matter considering her good works. But ah! my poor heart... its naive delusions were shattered mercilessly yesterday, as I read of Motha T's vile misdeeds.

Here's a sampling:
  • "Friend of the poor?" Not in the way you think: "I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot... I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." [Ref]

  • Motha T built no hospitals and provided no medicines other than pain-killers (even to the curably sick) in her few hospices. Hypodermic needles and syringes were (and still are) washed in cold water before being reused on other patients.

  • Nobody knows what happens to the money da Motha's charity recieves. Evidence strongly suggests it's used for missionary work all over the world (e.g. eight missionary convents in Papua New Guinea, missions to Africa). She contributed to only one medical research project, ever: a pseudoscientific study that concluded that "natural contraceptive methods" were as effective as chemical and barrier contraceptives.

  • Da Motha directly endorsed Indira Ganghi's Emergency declaration in 1975, during which rampant abuses of basic human rights occurred. When the Emergency ended and the atrocities were outed, Motha T neither retracted her statements nor condemned the atrocities. Rather, her relationship with the Gandhi family continued to flourish. To this day, pictures of Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi hang in her hospices.

  • "I feel the greatest destroyer of peace today is abortion" - priorities, woman!

  • Motha T endorsed, protected and praised criminals and evil regimes in return for money. Examples:
This ain't no saintly, pious lady innocent of worldly affairs. Motha T was ruthlessly political when she wanted to be, and her image belies her obvious deviousness. There you go. Yet another saint to chuck in the trash. Is there even such a thing as a benevolent and large charitable organisation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fixin' to move

Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...