Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Oprah, you been pwn3d!

So this guy, James Frey, writes a book called "A Million Little Pieces", calls it nonfiction, honest and utterly true:
"I was a bad guy. If I was gonna write a book that was true, and I was gonna write a book that was honest, then I was gonna have to write about myself in very, very negative ways."
Oprah Winfrew picks it for her book club and heaps effusive praise on it. The book sells 3.5 million copies. Writer makes many millions of dollars.

And then it turns out the guy was lying all along.

I think the only way to right the wrong is for everyone to return this book and demand a refund. And bookstores and get their costs back by suing this man.

What a cheapo.

2 comments:

  1. A book not meant for education etc. should not be blamed for being fake. It can only be blamed for being "bad".
    The movie Fargo started with the words: "This is based on a true story", but it wasnt.
    Also anybody who makes Oprah look bad is okay in my book. - saurabh

    ReplyDelete
  2. false advertising is false advertising. no excuses.

    ReplyDelete

Fixin' to move

Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...