Sunday, February 27, 2005

Can't Hardly Walk


Bought a pair of boots over the weekend. It's nearing the end of winter, and I got them on sale: $19.99 instead of $69.99 list price. I know these claims of 'list price' can't be believed but this is the best damn pair of boots I've ever seen, let alone owned, and it makes me feel even better to think I got it for 70% off.



They're leather (augh, I know) and they're soffffft and a bit shiny, the best kind of muted shine there is. Shin high. And here's the killer: 4-inch pencil heels. Oh, God.

It kills me to move around in them. I doubt I could walk as far as the grocery store across the street and back without ending up howling in agony. And even then I'd take an hour to complete the trip, at my pace in these boots: I have to look out for every tiny crevice in the almost non-existent sidewalk because my heels can get stuck in anything. I walk with about as much grace as Sarah Jessica Parker does in her insanely high shoes in Sex and the City.

But this, too, shall pass. I will learn to walk in these lovelies, and then all will be shooky shooky. I will begin to wear skirts again, six years after swearing off them, because my legs are the legs of a nymphette in my boots.

For now, I am practicing by wearing them to school every day.


***


And forgot to tell you guys that Chapter 2 of MM is up on Olympe. Chapter 3 is being beta'd.


.

3 comments:

  1. TOW Monica's boots

    Season 7, I think.

    Divya

    ReplyDelete
  2. If my brain were working properly I'd say something about Saurabh, Frederick's of Hollywood and their marabou stilettos..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haahaa haahaa!!!! u !!! in THOSE boots!!!! haahaahaahaa!!!!

    and ...ermm.... heeheeh.... u in SKIRTS!!!! haahaaa *holds sides, shaking with laughter*

    heeheee....

    what did saurabh to miss 'mutae pumpkin' desire to waer skirks with THESE ..chee chee... These boots!!?

    haahaa....

    nandu baby in skirts... cool! :)

    heehee FATTY!!!

    chitra

    ReplyDelete

Fixin' to move

Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...