Saturday, September 4, 2004

Apple, Apple, Big and Fat

NYC is amazing, people... just as good as they say it is. I was there on a one-hour layover on my bus journey up north, and five minutes was all it took to love it. After two weeks of quiet, truly uninteresting almost-rural life, I welcomed the throbbing vitality of the place with both arms and legs.

Walked along Times Square. Saw:
  • One jazz bar
  • Five sex shoppes (The kind with signs that have no punctuation - "Girls Girls Girls 24 hours live shows HOT")
  • The Majestic Theatre, playing The Phantom of The Opera
  • Two sets of blaring sirens escorting random VIPs to the Republican National Convention, and a handful of protesters who were lost from their herd.
  • Subway gratings spewing hot air, and
  • Hundreds and hundreds of people just lolling about, living, breathing, fighting, walking the streets.

Oh man. Talk about breaths of fresh air (no irony intended). I can't wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fixin' to move

Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...