Sunday, September 9, 2007

Life Update

If you knew what was happening in my life (viz: nothing), you would not wonder why I haven't been blogging. Unless, of course, you want to hear all about the facinating intricacies of transcribing tax forms into code...?

Just to prove it to you, here are a few unfinished drafts of posts over the past three weeks:

---Friday was Ice Cream Day at work: pity Wendelin doesn't like ice cream, eh? Usually too sweet, always too cold. Brr. But I went to the 16th floor conference room anyways with the rest of the work bunch and found myself staring at a GIGANTIC container of trifle - all chocolate and jam and whipped cream. I succumbed to the temptation, but it didn't taste nearly as good as it looked... but chocolate is chocolate, so this was worth it. Could I be more pointless?

---I haven't exercised in five weeks! Pounds, where is thy meltage? Death, where is thy sting? Woe!

---Freakin' Alberto Gonzales QUIT!! LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA. But this probably means there isn't going to be any investigation any more, dammit. I want this blasted presidency over already - like the media seems to be pretending it is. This week's Economist reminds us: there's still seventeen months, left. Bugger. But still... there is this surreal atmosphere of everybody knows they're bullshitting us, you know? It can only be a good thing. Someday we're going to wake up and find ourselves back in Kansas, and maybe if that day comes within the next seventeen months, we'll even impeach the president? Nah, that's Oz-talk. But there is some cause for celebration at dear old Alberto's sacking. Ding dong, ladies and gentlemen, the wicked witch is dead. Thank you.

---I got a free mug and sticky magnets today at work. Bwah.

---A Prayer for Owen Meany turned out to be a great read, not at all boring, very vivid characters, and Irving has a splendid turn of phrase I could really, really learn from. Then why is it that I can't finish the damn book? This is freakin' insane, I LIKE it!

... and so on: posts, I am sure you'll agree, are best left to unpublished obscurity.

But today something wonderful happened: my stalker showed up again! Hee hee hee! His latest comment on a long forgotten post about loafers on Orkut is worth a look. Excerpt:
...u seem to be diggin your own grave..with your "oh so great" english...ur arrogant attitude towards people...what have u really learnt from all your education..?

Hilarious as this comment is, my cripplingly low writing self esteem has simply latched onto his inadvertent compliment ("oh so great" english, he calls it! *wibble*), and thus was my day made by Narayandas Murali Krishna. Will wonders never cease?



*

2 comments:

  1. You have a stalker? Hmm... I used to have one back on Sulekha, but I am glad I don't anymore. I'd probably delete comments from someone like that. In the end, the negative energy is just too annoying to have to filter out.

    ReplyDelete

Fixin' to move

Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...