Monday, August 13, 2007

Sobering thought for the day

Read Glamour, Popularity, Truth - a rare look into the reality of an anorexic woman.
Well, I'm still waiting for Cosmopolitan to come banging on my door. I'm sure that since I've accomplished "aNa" I should be all set ... I should go beam in the mirror at this new wonderful girl that can't walk for more than eight feet, gets dizzy when she stands, and can't function without a load of caffiene.


Once you're done, allow me to direct your attention to the thoughtful, appropriately horrified responses to this article in the comments section (the following comments are complete, unedited, and a fair representation of the rest of them):
You're my new idol. Well written and very insightful!

Amazing.- to spare the weak of stomach, let's just say Beethoven and I require the same ammount of time and pressure to create a movement. Haha, nice analogy :P I'm adding this to my memories as well.

you're a rockstar! thanks for posting this! and for the time and energy it took to put it in words.

... and just because life gives you a triple-punchline joke, sometimes, the author of this article committed suicide last year. Her Livejournal account is alive, the latest comments are from online friends who are still thinking of her.

(nothing more to say)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fixin' to move

Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...