Harry Potter is like good chewing gum... endlessly chewable because it lasts and lasts and lasts.
This thought is brought to you courtesy of an ubergay colleague (he just spent our lunch hour buying the TALLEST animal print high heel pumps you've ever seen) who offered me Orbit White gum about an hour ago and I'm still chewing it and and it's STILL got taste and goddamn my jaw HURTS.
Potterism, otoh, has not given me chewing fatigue yet. Since I brought it up, I want to recommend this essay posted by a friend on his blog Ribbonfarm. A neat analysis of the nature of magic in the world of HP which isn't afraid to get technical and use big words (TM).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fixin' to move
Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...
-
As I type up last Friday's blog inviting questions for the weekly "Ask Me Anything Day", Saurabh looks over my shoulder. Click...
-
Yes, there have been no updates lately, but that is because - well - With a view towards relaxation and general surfing, I trolled LJ for fu...
-
. I have yet again managed to rip my schedule to shreds and shamelessly shy away from work. I need to do something about it... and what bet...
Thanks muchly for recommending my blog. Here's part II:
ReplyDeleteHarry Potter and the Leaky Genre
I suspect, given my liking for pointless symbolism, that this will be a 7 part series that ends with a final assessment of the series after the Deathly Hallow.