Friday, July 20, 2007

Ten Hours To Go

... and I am going mad. Despite my disenchantment with the forums four months ago, I am back on the SugarQuill because, what, you expect me to get through these last superstretchy looooong hours without a support group? :P I'm a wreck. I've just nearly cried reading "The Day The Music Died (And I Got Farked)" again.

Oh, and there we were all in one place,
A generation lost in space
With no time left to start again.


For this final book I'm going to a release party - a first for me. I'll be at Borders (I can just hear you going 'lame-o') from 7 pm onwards, mingling and trying to calm my jangling nerves. I will also be in freaky goth make-up courtesy of ubergay (and ubersweet, actually) colleague, who promises he can do it in 10 minutes. Honestly, this is like new year's eve, night-before-first-day-of-school and night-before-dentist's-appointment, combined.

And in the streets: the children screamed,
The lovers cried, and the poets dreamed.
But not a word was spoken...


Saurabh knows something. Something beginning with a certain letter of the alphabet that I won't reveal here, except to say that it's a letter Jo Rowling seems to like very much indeeed. I'm dying from guessing what that letter could mean, what follows it, what he knows.

But february made me shiver
With every paper I’d deliver.
Bad news on the doorstep;
I couldn’t take one more step.


That's all I know about the 7th book, I swear. I don't think I've ever been so pure white for any other HP book... I read Goblet of Fire before I read the first, second and third books. For Order of the Phoenix I found out about Harry's trial a couple of days in advance. For Half-Blood Prince, I knew the chapter titles beforehand, which pretty much meant my suspicions of Dumbledore dying were completely confirmed.

Did you write the book of love,
And do you have faith in God above,
If the Bible tells you so?
Do you believe in rock ’n roll,
Can music save your mortal soul...


But this time, the extent of my spoilage is ONE FREAKIN' LETTER. Thank you for the applause. It feels good.

Do you recall what was revealed
The day the music died?


And now from some last-minute crystal gazing. Just two thoughts from reading Prisoner of Azkaban yesterday, actually -

Dementors will be used to destroy one or more horcruxes.

Trelawney will make a third real prophecy.

A long, long time ago...
I can still remember
How that music used to make me smile.


Ok, kids. Goodbye. This time I really do mean it - the spoilers are EVERYWHERE and I'm beginning to crack myself... It's off the internet and back to work. See you on the other side.

(Amen.)

I went down to the sacred store
Where I’d heard the music years before,
But the man there said the music wouldn’t play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fixin' to move

Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...