Monday, December 25, 2006

The Year in Review, 2006

Hope you guys are having a nice Christmas - fa la la, and all that. Me, I want to hole up in a dungeon and not come out till the beginning of a shiny new year. What a year it's been!

And now for a meme snagged from Fernwithy:
Go to your Calendar and find the first entry for each month of 2005. Post the first line of it in your journal, and that's your "Year In Review."



January: ... Count the adjectives, pay attention to them, but they don't do justice to Talyn.

February: Spread the holy picture.

March: While I was busy avoiding my blog, a debate of moderate heat seems to be occurring over on an old post quoting from the Bible and the Koran.

April: Taxes are done!

May: So Kaavya Vishwanathan plagiarised passages in her Opal Mehta book.

June: Muslims in space - a problem you may not have anticipated.

July: The title of this post is quite redundant, of course.

August: The CEO of EBay wrote me an email today, and she seemed really pissed off about something.

September: I'm trying out the Beta Blogger.

October: Some weeks ago, Kris Reisz made me an offer I didn't refuse, viz., would I please read and review his book in exchange for - hear this - a free copy.

November: You people are crazy to have picked that, I know nothing about pearls.

December: A light dusting of snow fell last night.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Nandini,
    I lost in the round of 16, the pre-quarter in the individual event in Asian Games. I lost a very close match to a guy ranked 11, so it was'nt too bad. I need to start winning these matches soon though, had way too many close matches without winning too many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow ...cool!!!!

    mom watched the games... :-) way to go!

    chitra

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Armchair PhilosopherDecember 26, 2006 at 6:26 PM

    ave! just stumbled across from Juice's. :)

    Love the reading section you've got going there - which script/widget thingie do you use for it?

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not a widget at all, manual coding is all there is. html img tags etc. very uncool. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh hahaha - plain ol html code? :) hmm, i guess i'm too lazy to do so. but its funny, something like this doesn't exist - there's definitely a market for widgets like this.

    maybe i'll give it a try.

    so why "Wendelin"?

    --TAP

    ReplyDelete
  6. It actually pretty much summarizes the blog year, doesn't it? Cool! :)
    I do not remember February though.. hmmm.

    -mockingbird

    ReplyDelete
  7. alli-pushy, kullie-pushy... nandu-ya-nandini-ya-nandu-ya-nandini, alli pushi...kullie pushy

    love,
    your guardian angel in disguise

    ReplyDelete
  8. i want to know why you call urself a 'mockingbird'

    happybird

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey happybird :))

    "Shoot all the bluejays you want, if you can hit 'em, but remember it's a sin to kill a mockingbird" - Atticus Finch, from a brilliant book, 'To Kill a Mockingbird', explaning to his chidren that not harming the innocent is the most important thing in the world.

    And it's a real bird, you know :)

    -mockingbird

    ReplyDelete
  10. cool!!! whats ur real name?

    happy bird a.k.a chitra

    ReplyDelete
  11. TAP: As Tamilians (natural enemies of my kind) will say, "chumma". Generally. Needed a pseud, went for it.

    Mockingbird: Feb was the whole mohammad-cartoon ruckus.

    Chitra: happy bird!! suits you!!

    ReplyDelete

Fixin' to move

Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...