And now this interview comes along (it might be old, I don't know, it's new to me), studded with gems of plain speech and absolute honesty, and it solidifies my respect for the guy.
On having to do "lousy work" for money -
Take Amitabh Bachchan's ABCL Corp. Unfortunately, it did not work. But he has to earn his bread and butter. So he has no way out but to act. If that means doing Aaj Ka Arjun, so be it.
On his many villainous roles -
They are all caricatures, without much thought being invested in them. I know they are bad; I know I'll not repeat them. ... Our villains are foolish -- you never get scared of them, yaar. So I try to give then an amusing look.
On the rumour that he's stuck-up on set -
I like being aloof. When my costar is good, I do approach him. But if he happens to be a duffer, I stay away.
Even this man's taste for Amitabh corresponds exactly with mine -
I like Amitabh's silence. Watch him in any frame when he is just listening and staring at his co-artiste. He is incomparable.
Wah, ustaad, wah!
No comments:
Post a Comment