Thursday, November 30, 2006

Same Old Story


Well, I suppose you've all seen this by now. Some noteworthy points in the video -
  • Apparently it's standard practice for security guards to chuck out people who ask scary questions.
  • No answer was given to either allegation, of course.
  • Note the look of surprise on Rumsfeld's face when the questioner shows knowledge of exactly why Zarkawi was in Baghdad. Not such a good liar after all, eh?

Ah whatever. Nothing surprises me any more, you know, you could tell me tomorrow that W's basement was discovered to be full of goats used for sexual perposes and I wouldn't bat an eyelash. Well, maybe one, because a scandal like that seems to be about the only thing that ever manages to unseat an elected official in this country. Killed ten thousand people? No problem. Spent ludicrous amounts of tax money on self and cronies? No problem, just hush. Proclaimed yourself personally commanded by God to attack Iraq? Shout it from the rooftops! Have questionable taste in mistresses? Out you go! Impeached! Oooh, SCANDAL!

I feel about sixty years old, that's how cynical I'm getting. Tell me, was it always this way, or is politics getting worse? It seems elected officials the world over have begun to aspire to bigger, better things - even Indira Gandhi in all her power-crazed, emergency-declaring madness didn't rush about waging war. She had the decency to loot for personal gain, not maniacal theocratic agendas. Thank god for socialism, eh?

ETA: Looking for a laugh?

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't seen this! And what a bullshit answer he gives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so pathetic..

    -mockingbird

    ReplyDelete

Fixin' to move

Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...