
Simon Pulse YA paperback, 384 pages.
Some weeks ago, Kris Reisz made me an offer I didn't refuse, viz., would I please read and review his book in exchange for - hear this - a free copy. There are people who will drive three hours for a free beer, people who will crash a 10-year old's birthday party for the cake. I'm a book junkie, and free books, baby, are my version of winning the lottery.
Anyway, I just got this book in the mail, and boyohboyohboyohboy I feel this tiny jolt of excitement in the pit of my stomach because somehow, over the past few months I've been reading this guy's blog I think I have internalised his road to that most sacred and fantasised-about land, publication. It feels like I was part of this. It feels like I'm holding my own dreams in my hands.
Now, Kris did say I could say anything I wanted about his book, so I must tell you that I had grown very fond of his other book cover, the one that's ironically still on Amazon and other online stores, even though it was pulled and replaced with the one you see above months ago. I just think it's harder to say no to a book that has just actively ripped your eyes out their sockets.This one might grow on me, though. It is darker, edgier, and who knows, maybe the book isn't about bubblegum-light parties on the surface of the sun.
Oh, and Kris? You look like Dobby in your author photo.
I'm cracking the book open now, a real review is coming up soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment