Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Ready, Set...

The verdict is in.

1. Romance - 22% (4 votes)
2. Fantasy - 11% (2 votes)
3. Mystery - 67% (12 votes)

So a whodunnit it shall be. Thank you for voting, I am more grateful than you can possibly know for taking this decision out of my hands.

Now it is time to determine the setting in which the crime will occur. Starting from chapter 3 or so, our sleuth will be starting a new job. Where some bodies will start appearing. What job will this be?

I know there's a diamond industry in Surat... and there must be a Mumbai stock exchange, right? Haven't the faintest clue if Hyderabad has any sort of pearl trade at all. Which should conveniently answer all questions about whether I know anything about diamonds, stocks or pearls. (Hint: answer begins with N and ends with O.) But this is NaNoWriMo, and I am not letting any of that stop me from making up all manner of industry practices, ethics and in-jokes needed to give this novel that essential feel of realism. All I need to know is which industry I need to make these up for.

Vote!

3 comments:

  1. why will hyderabad have pearl trade? i think it has paan trade. - saurabh

    ReplyDelete
  2. so does this means that most of your readers think you're hopeless in romance? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. saurabh: charminar area in hyderabad is famous for its pearl jewellery

    null bit: :P

    ReplyDelete

Fixin' to move

Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...