This year I have three workable novel ideas competing for lightening-speed spewage during the month of November. Unlike the disaster of 2004 and the marginal success of 2005 (liked what I had but not enough), this year is going to be... cool.
For one, I already have a kickoff party planned with a fellow Wrimer in the area (Macaroni Grill on Wolf Rd, 7.30 pm, Wednesday Nov 1st - bring your laptop for the ceremonial 500-word write!).
For another, I have a fellow Wrimer to work with!
And last, I won't have to make any hard decisions concerning the novel, because, my dear blogees, you will do it for me. (Your reward, you ask? Free advance copy of the completed manuscript, delivered personally to your email inbox upon request. And the indisputable honour of having been of service to me.)
So get to work. Your first assignment is to pick my project on the poll.
Aaaaaah. *Sits back in easy chair and puts feet up. Sips margarita.*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fixin' to move
Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...
-
As I type up last Friday's blog inviting questions for the weekly "Ask Me Anything Day", Saurabh looks over my shoulder. Click...
-
Yes, there have been no updates lately, but that is because - well - With a view towards relaxation and general surfing, I trolled LJ for fu...
-
. I have yet again managed to rip my schedule to shreds and shamelessly shy away from work. I need to do something about it... and what bet...
I exercised my right to vote! ;) My choice is not so much 'Mystery' as it is 'not-Romance' and 'not-Fantasy'.. :)
ReplyDeleteQ: How do you keep track of the number of words?
Q: How do you deal with writer's block under the pressure that comes with this 1 month writing? (It's hard enough without having to reach a number count).
-mockingbird
(beta login issues)
1. by using a word processor that can count. if hand-writing, good luck to you.
ReplyDelete2. it's easy when the quality of prose matters about as much as the beat of a butterfly's wings to a tornado halfway across the world, theories to the contrary notwithstanding. ;) padding the manuscript with nonsense to increase wordcount is also legal - people have been known to copy-paste entire chapters simply by giving their main characters traumatic flashbacks. There is also the ever-popular quote insertion trick; one guy put the whole text of the Rime of the Ancient Mariner in the prologue.
and thank you for your vote. despite my initial misgivings, I am rather hoping mystery will win out, now, because I have been planning that in my head more than anything else.
way to go nandu baby! hahaaa...
ReplyDeletebtw, were u able to clock in the number of words the last time..in 2004?
in 2004, no. but in 2005, YES.
ReplyDeletebtw, chittara, you should definitely try it this time!!