
I'm up to Chapter III of Meditations... read it all in one sitting. (Which isn't a great deal by page count, but is by how much is said.) This chap is pretty good. Keeps his eyes open, has ample quantites of common sense, is unfailingly courteous. Actually, the extent of his courtesy astounds me. The whole of chapter one consists of a paragraph each on many people he knows and what he has learned by observing them. Not once does he take a backhanded shot at any of these people in a piece of writing that would have given him aple opportunities to do just that. I mean, when you spend a whole chapter saying things like, "From my friend Maximius, [I have learned] blah blah blah...", it's only natural to say something like "From Senator so-and-so, [I have learned] the consequences of being corrupt." I kept waiting for something like it to crop up, but nada. Apparently this man was 100% serious about writing a book of his meditations. I like that.
More when I finish more of it.
Hey why havent you been blogging ?
ReplyDeleteI read your blog regularly though this is the first time I'm leaving a comment, and thats only 'coz you havent posted in a while.
So post, girl, post...please!
-Meenu