Friday, April 14, 2006

National Poetry Month

Saurabh likes Kremlin Mountaineer, a poem by Osip Mandelstam, a poet who was imprisoned in the Gulag during Stalin's reign. And with progressive readings, I have come to see its genius. Full of visual and mechanical imagery, its vituperation comes across like a fist to the face.



Questions? Observations? Leave your smart, biting queries in the comments, and I'll get 'em on Ask Me Anything Day!

Tags:

4 comments:

  1. hey wendelin the wierd!

    very cute background...

    chitra

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey wendelin the wierd!

    very cute background...

    chitra

    ReplyDelete
  3. The poem is indeed like a fist in the face, but awesome.

    Hey, I have a question for ya. What is your personal best? Now, this can be a blog post, too. I know it is hard for a writer to pick her own best work so you can shrug in answer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Weird.. One suggestion is instead of having the AMAday blurb in every post, why don't you have it as a Sticky between "What am I doing now?" and "Recent reads"

    ReplyDelete

Fixin' to move

Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...