Friday, April 14, 2006

It's Ask Me Anything Day!

This week, Kr!sh seems to have taken it upon himself to flood me with enough questions to last a year (literally: there's 50 questions in the meme he posted in comments). Well, ha ha. So that you don't suffer for his sins, dear readers, Kr!sh's questions come after I've answered all the rest of the questions I got. All set? Here we go...

AMADay Vol IV


What kind of a pompous ass asks "What's your brand of philosophy" to someone? I mean, just when I thought I'd seen all types.. :P
- Div


The pompous ass kind? Heh. But seriously, I wish people did have more conversations like that. I wish it was polite to go up to someone and ask them what they believe in, and then have a nice chat about it all. Neither party evangelising, of course... in a perfect world, it would be the same as asking someone, "So what's your favourite movie?" I was not at all offended by the question... only by the anti-Objectivist snobbery.

What would your dream book be about ie. what themes, what genre?
- Saurabh


In my dreams, I am as hilarious and witty as P. G. Wodehouse. I write about utterly inconsequential, yet honest things - musical comedies without the music, yes - purely for entertainment. Of course, we all know that's never going to happen... so I have to content myself with honesty. But I swear I'm never going to write anything bleak. If I do, I give you complete permission to tear it up.

What is the probability that if you chose 7 random letters from a scrabble set, you will get your name?
- Saurabh


1/776452. Go away.
(I could actually find out the number of ways to pick that set of letters and multiply each of them by no.Of(NthTile)s/100-N, but I won't. Anybody know an easier way to do it?)

The Kr!sh Questions

Were you named after anyone?
I was named after Jayachamaraja Wodeyar's pet cat.

Do you wish on stars?
Sorry, only nebulas.

When did you last cry?
Er.. yesterday? I cry easily. (This is true.)

Do you like your handwriting?
Sure. I spent years developing pretty loops and whirls and hearts to dot my i's, and then years taking them out. It's clean now. I like it.

What is your favourite meat?
Heh heh heh heh...

Ahem. I'm a vegetarian.

What is your most embarrassing CD on your shelf?
I am not that easily embarrassed. (It's just a CD, furcrysay!)

If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you?
Not unless I was exactly like me.

Are you a daredevil?
Sure, I'm up for anything.

How do you release anger?
By crying.

Where is your second home?
What the F&^% sort of questions are these?

Do you trust others easily?
Screw you. No.

What was your favourite toy as a child?
A red bus that my cousin broke by sitting on it. My mother hasn't forgiven him yet.

What class in school/college do you think is totally useless?
I'm absolutely the wrong person to put this question to.

Do you use sarcasm a lot?
No.*

Have you ever been in a mosh pit?
Once. I don't see the allure. Messy, hair gets stickly and tangled and you gotta spend hours combing them out, and there's just too many people. Ugh.

What do you look for in a guy?
A certain... shall we say... dopiness.

Would you bungee jump?
My tongue is hanging out.

Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
As opposed to sawing shoes off to save myself the trouble with laces, you mean?

What's your favourite ice cream?
If the Universe had intended us to eat ice cream, It would have given us teeth of steel with no hint of nerve endings in them.

What are your favourite colours?
Orange. That's it.

What are your least favourite things?
Oh for F&^%'s sake! These questions are driving me nuts!

How many people do you have a crush on right now?
Four.

Who do you miss most right now?
My mommy.

What are you listening to right now?
The sound of a clacking keyboard, you dumass.

If you were a crayon, what colour would you be?
Twinkle twinkle little star.

What is the weather like right now?
Glorious. And you're keeping me in.

Last person you talked to on the phone?
Salesperson.

The "first" thing you notice about the opposite sex?
I "first" notice their "nose", unless they don't "have" one, in which case I try to notice their "hair".


Do you like the person who sent you this?
Considering how this task he has set me is less fun than running my nostrils down a cactus, I think he is a toe-sucking pimple on the face of the internet.


How are you today?
Ravishing as always, bughead.

Favourite non alcoholic drink?
The blood of innocents.

Favourite alcoholic drink?
The blood of Kr!sh.

Natural hair colour?
Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer had a very shiny nose.

Eye colour?
Flashing silver, with occasional butterflies flying out of them.

Wear contacts?
Go contact yourself.

Siblings?
....

Favourite month?
You've got to be kidding.

Favourite food?
All right. Potato chips.

Favourite day of the year?
Any day I can eat potato chips.

Have you ever been too shy to ask someone out?
Not when I'm eating potato chips.

Scary movies or happy endings?
Scary movies, especially if they feature killer potato chips.

Summer or winter?
Chip season.

Holi or Diwali?
Holi.

With chips.

Do you like your name?
I give up.

What book/magazine are you reading?
Neil Gaiman's American Gods.

What's on your mouse pad?
"Road Runner High speed online (TM) Time Warner Cable www.RR.com"

What did you watch on TV last night?
My Name Is Earl, The Office

Favourite Smell?
Eu de Chips

Have you ever regretted breaking up with someone?
No, but I've regretted not pretending I never knoew someone.

Most tiresome thing you’ve ever experienced/done?
Hmm.

Hmmm.

Let me think.


*Except in this question.


Questions? Observations? Disagree with my opinions? Leave your smart, biting queries in the comments, and I'll get 'em on Ask Me Anything Day!

8 comments:

  1. There are 6 N, 9 A, 4 D, 9 I and 100 total letters in Scrabble. Your name has 3 N, 1 A, 1 D, 2 I and 7 total letters. I think probability is: 6C3 * 9C1 * 4C1 * 9C2 / 100C7 ~ 1.6 out of a million. Your answer is ~ 1.3 out of a million, not that far off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! It helps that I live in the farthest point from you in the country!..

    Duh.. I wanted honest answers.

    -krish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honest answers?

    OK, my favourite month is whenever it's 75 degrees out, with a cool breeze and lots of sun. I don't think about my name enough to know if I like it (what on earth difference would it make it I didn't? Not like I can suddenly change it to Btterfly Princess). I don't wear contacts (or glasses) even though I need them, coz I'm too lazy.

    Does that satisfy you, you stupid lemon-eater?

    ReplyDelete
  4. nan... iv got *MANY* questions for u...

    1) How much do you like Harry Potter?
    2) If you could kill someone, whom would it be??
    3) ermm... heehee.... Do you fancy any guys in the book? one of them or saurabh?
    4) If there was one thing you could change in your life, what would it be?
    5) do you like me calling you "akka"??
    6) If you could change your looks..as in your figure... whom would you want to look like?
    7) How would you spend your *perfect* day?
    8) Do you like to be alone, or with people?
    9) what would you like to change in me...if you could that is :P
    10)hmm.... whose your fav character in LOTR?
    11) would you rather live *this* life, or that of one of the students in Hogwarts?
    12) What do you like and not like about saurabh?
    14)hhmmm....
    Have you enjoyed answewring these questions??? HEEHEE
    15) one last one.... Whats your weight??? ;)

    chitra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me know what you think of American Gods. Read anything else by Neil Gaiman?

    Also, got a favourite Mary Sue? :d I just read an interesting, though overlong, essay on Mary Sues yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. top five favourite movies ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. >Favourite day of the year?
    Any day I can eat potato chips.

    Have you ever been too shy to ask someone out?
    Not when I'm eating potato chips.

    Scary movies or happy endings?
    Scary movies, especially if they feature killer potato chips

    Oh this was *hilarious*. Made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Null Bit: "cat"?

    Artanis: American Gods is almost bad. I guess Anansi Boys has spoiled it for me - it led me to expect its own hilariously droll worldview in AG when actually AG is rather heavy, sombre fantasy. Still, it ain't over till it's over, and I keep hoping this guy's going to make it worth my while in the end. I definitely recommend Anansi Boys, though. Gaiman totally channeled Wodehouse in that one. :)

    Snowbeak: :D You made mine with that comment. By that point in the quiz I was just saying something to get it over with.

    ReplyDelete

Fixin' to move

Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...