Cold feet.
That's my excuse. Take it or leave it.
Of all the creatures on this good earth, the cowardliest has to be WtW. I can only ever do something if I have first convinced myself that it's not a big deal.
Take getting married. The first I heard of that, I went a little bonkers. Then I said, hey, no biggie, it's not that much different from not being married except for the living together part, and that's going to be fun anyhow - and lo! I was bonkers no more.
And take writing. I've written a novel and a half now, and you'd think writing would have stopped scaring me. Truth is, I only did manage to write that first novel because it was a romance novel, and everybody knows it's bullshit writing. It's not important. I don't have to write about real stuff - just rosy worlds and romance-novel-people™. And this second novel? If you only had a clue how I have been avoiding it...
Three weeks ago on this blog, I promised to write a column every weekday. I thought the threat of a public humiliation upon a failure to produce actual writing would be enough to spur me to great feats... but it appears that I have defeated my own thesis. If Richard Roeper can confront the blank screen every day and win - clearly he is the better man in this contest.
And I, I return to my sadistic self, choosing to face my greatest fear and failing to conquer it, over and over and over again.
*A single tear runs dramatically down an ample cheek as WtW gazes into the distant sunset.*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fixin' to move
Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...
-
As I type up last Friday's blog inviting questions for the weekly "Ask Me Anything Day", Saurabh looks over my shoulder. Click...
-
Yes, there have been no updates lately, but that is because - well - With a view towards relaxation and general surfing, I trolled LJ for fu...
-
. I have yet again managed to rip my schedule to shreds and shamelessly shy away from work. I need to do something about it... and what bet...
..and I thought you were expecting :P
ReplyDelete*freaks quietly*
ReplyDelete*freaks LOUDLY*
WTF, Lehmun???
Yeah, cold feet etc, and I was like okay these guys are quick, and she's very American already :P
ReplyDeleteAAah! In the recent past, when I decided to formally start writing, I decided that a stupid story about 'two people' would be the easiest (ashamed of referring to it as romance). Just like you! So, I guess wannabe writers all go through the same phases eh!
ReplyDelete