So Saurabh goes on a trip for a couple of weeks and comes back, and then I go to the same place he'd been, sort of like we're taking turns to take vacations. I'm not really sure where we were vacationing, though, because though the currency there was Yen, the people were definitiely not Japanese. Anyway, I call Saurabh to tell him I'd got there, and he tells me that the first thing I should do is go to the airport and climb into a plane. So I do that.
It's a normal plane, I have a seat somewhere in the back, and the stewardesses are telling me to fasten my seat belt, but I'm fumbling. The plane takes off. We hit turbulence. My seat belt is still unfastened. Then the captain announces that we're going to crash, and for a second, I'm sure I'm going to die because damn it, I still can't get my seat belt on... we're going into free fall... and then it turns out this whole plane is a theme park ride.
We free-fall into a water-ride type thing. It's amazing fun. After the ride I call Saurabh and gush about how fantastic it was, and thanks for giving me such a cool surprise.
I wander around in the theme park for a while, and then decide to find a hotel to stay in. I stop by a huge mall-type place that has many hotels in it, among other things: restaurants, casinos, shops, bowling alleys, movie theatres. Actually, it suddenly turns into a cruise ship.
So I'm off looking for accommodation for the night, and I come by this very VERY reasonably priced place (50 Yen per night), and it's owned and operated by Donald Trump. My parents and sister show up, and suddenly I'm a kid again and my parents are in charge of the whole trip, and they're not making up their minds about whether we should stay in Donald Trump's hotel or not. Trump keeps asking, "So do you want to stay here or not?" It's terribly embarrassing.
Trump tries to sell us on the idea a little, so he takes us to the best suite he's got. It's huge and roomy and all, but it's not that great. Trump is saying, "Take a look at the bathroom, it's phenomenal!" But it's just a large bathroom with nothing much in it. Not even a bath tub. Plus it's quite dark and dingy. I just make polite noises and we go back to trying to decide whether or not we want to stay in his hotel.
In the end, my parents give up, and go swimming instead, but they're soon evicted from the pool because they're not patrons of any of the hotels on board the cruise ship. I'm stuck with Donald Trump who keeps asking me to bloody decide if I want to stay in his hotel or not. My sister goes off to the deck, and gets to see the whole coastline of Florida. She's the only one who has a nice time on the cruise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fixin' to move
Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...
-
As I type up last Friday's blog inviting questions for the weekly "Ask Me Anything Day", Saurabh looks over my shoulder. Click...
-
Yes, there have been no updates lately, but that is because - well - With a view towards relaxation and general surfing, I trolled LJ for fu...
-
. I have yet again managed to rip my schedule to shreds and shamelessly shy away from work. I need to do something about it... and what bet...
Awesome :-D
ReplyDelete1. You and Saurabh need a vacation, preferably in a theme park.
2. You watched Apprentice yesterday.
3. You also like LOST?
1 & 2: Bang on. But I've never watched lost.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it amazing when you can remember dreams in brilliant detail, especially when a lot happens in them? :)