Monday, December 5, 2005

Salaam|Namaste && Parineeta

Watched both Salaam|Namaste and Parineeta. Wanted to do proper reviews, but, aiyah, no mood lah.

Inspired by the timeless romance(TM) of Ross and Rachel, Salaam|Namaste is actually funny in places - I'd expected just wannabe-funny (which is what it disintegrates to in the end). Loved that this movie had common sense, definitely a first for any Hindi fillum... though they just had to give the couple that unrealistically gorgeous beach house, didn't they, on rent the two kids can supposedly afford? Ah well. Minor issues. It was entertaining enough.

Parineeta was sweet. I guess it is to the typical love-story Hindi movie what the recent remake of Devdas is to the other Devdases that have been made: it's so much prettier. I liked the love scenes... very tastefully done. Though - did anyone else cringe at that dream-sequence love scene, where you truly see the contrast between the beautiful Vidya Balan and the haggard Sanjay Dutt? She must be half his age. Eurgh.

I'm going to watch Ramji Londonwaley tonight. I'm on a roll.

PS: What is up with the sudden proliferation of non-heroine females named Tanya in these new movies?

3 comments:

  1. Were you in a happy mood when you started watching Salaam(computer 'or')Namaste.. Or did your hub gave you a Ferrero just before the movie? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ramji Londonwallah is the only Indian movie that I've watched in its entirety (my film and history class escaped having to watch Lagaan). Brilliant stuff. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why, Kr!sh, you no likey? I actually didn't even watch it with 'hub', though my enjoyment of it might have been heightened by my knowledge of how much he would have loved some of the jokes (think 'pressure building') ... my ordinary reaction to which would have been the same as Preity Zinta's 'YUCK!'

    Ramji Londonwaley got postponed... to tonight. Chewie, now that you've told me it's actually funny (and not just wannabe-funny, like most comedies are), I am more eager to watch it.

    ReplyDelete

Fixin' to move

Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...