Monday, November 21, 2005

Know-It-Alls

So here we are, standing in a musty old living room with the main character who is about to meet a Seer, a Yoda, an Oracle, a bald old guy who really Knows everything the future holds. This guy's had his Gift for a long time now, and you'd think he'd have stopped needing to brag about it. But no. Always, always, the first thing this Seer fellow does is put on that deep, slow, draggy voice (which is never used again in the rest of the movie/book) and say:

"I've been expecting you."

If I ever write a fantasy novel (looking more and more likely by the minute), in the name of common sense, my Oracle will say: "Wassup, bitch."

4 comments:

  1. I loved that book too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude I hated that book. Pseudointellectual, full of fallacies... especially impossible to tolerate for an atheist like me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Fixin' to move

Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...