Thursday, October 27, 2005

Blogger Rant

Bloody Blogger doesn't have a post-category feature. How wrong is that? In order to create categories for myself, I'll have to create a new blog for each of my topics, and use the BlogSend feature to automatically email every post I write in any of the topic-blogs to my main blog.

Of course, this conveniently assumes that I've only just started my blog, and don't have any posts on it yet. Can you imagine going back nearly three years and indexing all my posts to date by crossposting them on the new topic blogs I've created, ensuring that I get the date and time right for every single one of them?

LiveJournal, needless to say, provides this functionality for free. *headdesk* God knows how long it's going to take Blogger to do the same. (Aside: LJ also has the fabulous [lj-cut] tag that's a boon to verbose bloggers. I know you guys think I'm not among them, but I am, I am; only, I keep a tight rein on myself, often deleting more than 3/4ths of what I have typed, paring my posts to their bare bones to keep them readable. Bloody Blogger.)

Until then, my faithful readers, you're stuck with one massive, uncategorised blog. And so am I.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, and they show time of the day on blog comments but decided date of comment was not as important. :-)

    BTW I have seen someone follow another approach to workaround blogger's lack of categories, get an account on del.icio.us, create tags for your categories, and manually add the list of tags with links to del.icio.us tag pages in the template and add tags to each post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know of the del.icio.us way, but it's too much work for lazyassed ol' me. I think Blogger'll have tags soon enough, I'm willing to wait. Not a life/death matter y'know? Especially not when I'm doing NaNo.

    ReplyDelete

Fixin' to move

Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...