Friday, September 9, 2005

Katrina

Ever since Katrina happened, I've been disgusted over the politicking of this major tragedy. Seriously. You're blaming George Bush because he hasn't managed to clear up the whole situation already? What are you, a hyperactive two-year-old who can't wait two minutes for anything?

The saintliest guy with the most superbly advanced crisis-management skills would not be perfectly efficient, because inefficiency is a law of life. This is not to say that the man is, in fact, doing all he can (he took a bloody vacation in the middle of all this!) - but he is no more inept than anybody else who might have been in his shoes, so let's just stop focusing on him and get on with the relief efforts, eh?

But then I came across this today (the original article can be found here), and it stuns me that it is not merely inefficiency at work here... it is inhumanity, too, when it comes to government officials. The irony is, the official govt line is that they're asking everyone who is not involved in aid efforts to leave New Orleans.

There comes a time when ineptitude is criminal... this is not it. This is plain old criminal being criminal.

1 comment:

  1. My MIL ranted on and on about the lack of leadership for the relief efforts.. I finally looked at her and asked "Do you think YOU would be a better leader if your house ws full or water and you wanted to save your own family??"

    I'm tired of people wanting to blame somebody for EVERYTHING.. whatever happened to personal responsibility?

    ReplyDelete

Fixin' to move

Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...