It's that time of the ... uh... series. It's 5 days to Book 6, and I'm itching to make some predictions. So here we go.
Who is the Half-Blood Prince?
Dumbledore. Just a strong hunch. (And this way, if it turns out to be Aberforth and not Albus, I'm still right. ;D )
Who is going to die?
Dumbledore, muggles, students we know slightly, Trelawney, Grawp and a couple of Death Eaters.
Who is the new Defence Against the Dark Arts Teacher?
That will be our famous Lion Man (you can read the excerpt without doing any work here), also known as Felix Felicis.
What can be deduced from the covers?
(a) The first sentence in chapter 2 is NOT going to be: "Dumbledore was dead, and Harry resolved to waste no time thinking of him."
(b) Hogwarts will be attacked. Why? Either Because Voldemort is looking for Trelawney.
(c) The next likeliest explanation for that Dark Mark is that it is sent up as a warning by students inside the castle (read DeathEater!Draco).
(d) We're going to meet Aragog, the flying Ford Anglia and/or the blast ended skrewts Hagrid released into the Forbidden Forest after Book 4. Well... I'm kidding about the last one. Make that Grawp.
What does the crystal ball say about rrrrrromance?
Harry and Luna. For a little while. Ron and Hermione will still be clueless. :P
What about Sirius?
It was wishful thinking, two years ago, when I said he'd be back. Nah. He might be in a portrait or a Pensieve, though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fixin' to move
Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...
-
As I type up last Friday's blog inviting questions for the weekly "Ask Me Anything Day", Saurabh looks over my shoulder. Click...
-
Yes, there have been no updates lately, but that is because - well - With a view towards relaxation and general surfing, I trolled LJ for fu...
-
. I have yet again managed to rip my schedule to shreds and shamelessly shy away from work. I need to do something about it... and what bet...
What about the new Ring confusion raised by a mugglenet editorial?
ReplyDeletehttp://www.mugglenet.com/editorials/editorials/edit-sfranklin01.shtml
Apparently, the newest front cover of the US version has Harry wearing a ring.
http://www.mugglenet.com/viewer/?image_location=/hbp/ring.jpg
A ring is there in the spine of the UK child ed. And a boat in the middle of the lake. What could all this mean? They must be significant, like the Magical Brethren in the back cover of OoTP. The deluxe cover art?
http://www.mugglenet.com/viewer/?image_location=/hbp/hbpdeluxebig.jpg