Thursday, March 24, 2005

Unhappy Admissions About Life and Stuff

Okay, it's time to admit it: traditional methods just aren't getting the job done for me, as far as getting to the gym and exercising are concerned. They should be; I don't know why they're not; but it seems like I'm always coming up with excuses for why I'm not going to go today. I don't like that this is the case, but I don't know how to change it without radically changing the way I think about it, and I'm not sure I know how to do that either.

So I'm breaking out the big guns.

Starting today I am going into an extinction policy; if I engage in the negative behavior (not exercising), I lose a positive stimulus (all Internet access for the rest of the day).

So if you don't see this blog getting updated, that's probably why.

10 comments:

  1. a) you're going to need the net for work as well, then how?

    b) maybe you can get saurabh/friend to go with you, more fun that way. (and ooh! just think! you can scrub each other's backs in the shower!)

    c) go look for buff brides (i think) re-runs on cable, that might be more (productively) helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. >> b) maybe you can get saurabh/friend to go with you, more fun that way. (and ooh! just think! you can scrub each other's backs in the shower!)

    Bad Chewie! BAd Chewie! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. er.... why saurabh/friend???

    is it like 'saurabh and friend'...
    or saurabh is your friend kinda thing???

    *how*

    ReplyDelete
  4. sheesh man...get rid of your 'comment thingie' man...???

    everytime got to mention name one....

    fine that was moi the great...
    chitra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chypre et ChocolatMarch 28, 2005 at 7:17 AM

    why cannot give mutual backscrub? it's saurabh what, and it's fun to get acquainted...

    (i see you have been updating! good on your willpower!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oi. Chewie. Chitra is my *sister* for heaven's sakes, and you're putting polluting thoughts of mutual backrubs in her head? For shame!

    - Wendelin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chypre et ChocolatMarch 29, 2005 at 9:47 PM

    *waves to Chitra* hello! now you know the sort of pollutive people your sister hung out with in SG. in my defence, I was once young an innocent too.

    nin: that's it. we're getting you good vibrations gift vouchers as a wedding present. [or if saurabh does not mind, cake nyc?]

    ReplyDelete
  8. backscrubs??? *lost*

    innocent...haahhaaa...me? BIG HAAHAA!!!!

    *waves back*
    hey i like ur nick...
    'chewie'...its cute :)

    chitra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chypre et ChocolatApril 4, 2005 at 9:58 AM

    chitra, there's not innocent, and there is i-think-i'm-not-innocent. the rest is big sister talk that nini will have with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chewie, you're the sweetest.

    ReplyDelete

Fixin' to move

Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...