Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Spork Request

It seems I have a stalker. Kinda. Only, this stalker is more like spammy junk mail that follows you around like Mary's lamb in cyberspace, advertising the whiteness of its fleece. (And, as you can tell, my mood today leans towards bizarre similies.)

Vaibhav, I think, this man calls himself. Writes short stories and stuff on a blog called kissay. You've seen his comments here: multiple posts asking people to pretty please, come read his stuff. What a pain.

On Saturday I left a comment on his blog asking him not to spam me. He responded by informing me that since I was being so polite, he would continue to leave comments informing me of every update. Sweet of him.

As I see it, I can do one of two things:

(a) Ignore him
(b) Spork him

(a) is convenient, (b) is fun. So I'll do both. (b) first and (a) next.

And here goes my official request to you guys. Take a minute of your time. Visit this poor creature's blog. Comment freely. Do not contrain yourselves to the rules of charitability.

He literally asked for it.

And then we can all go back to ignoring the man in peace.

7 comments:

  1. Spork??!! Whats tht?
    ~kr!sh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too spammed by him. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spork: bombard with uncomplimentary messages.

    hmm. I think I'm going to report him to Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    I am sorry for responding so late.I had left your essay halfway,so came back.Only to find there's something even MORE interesting.
    Good luck to you for your sporking request.
    I visit your blog, tell you Hello, I have a new post on my blog,you may find interesting.Now, how would a normal person react to it?I thought s/he'd either visit my blog or he/she ALWAYS has an option to ignore me and keep ignoring me.Where's the problem? And you're going to report me..ha ha ha.ha ..what are you going to say?Someone visits my blog and asks me to visit his blog!What an offense!A cyber crime!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are some things...You write becoz you enjoy writing. You publish your writings on a public blog becoz you want others to read it.That's exactly what I am upto.Trying to get people to read my stories.Its not that I dont read other's blogs.I do.And then I request them to read mine.Now take a moment and think: how offensive can this be?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blog world is full of surprises.You spend hours b4 coming up with something.You take a good deal of time thinking how NOT to bore the reader.And then,you visit people's blogs,requesting them Personally to visit your blog.And after all these pains, someone comes up with a "Dude!.stop asking me to visit your blog." and all..Amazing!
    You dont want to visit my blog? Okie, dont.Whats with this "Dude" stuff??Strange are the ways of the world.More interesting is the way you respond to this so called "Spam".I delete the "spam".That's what I do.I dont remember replying back to spammer saying "things".I can.But he's just not worth all that attention.I thank you for devoting an entire post on me.You wont believe your request actually helped in getting me more readers!I checked from my counter,there have been many visitor's on my blog who came via YOUR link.And what you'd love to know is:I DO have comments,but the comments say GOOD things about my post! That's..mmm..let me check..4 days AFTER your "Spork" post was published.Keep it up.Why dont you beg once again for sporking my blog...please,please,please..one more post:Say how bad I write,how much you are irritated.'Aisi Baatein Dil mein Nahi Rakhani Chaahiye'..Ha Ha Ha LoL

    ReplyDelete
  7. One more incredibly important thing is how FREQUENTLY you get these so called "spams"..Multiple messages and all.Its not like me putting 10s of comments on the same post asking you to visit my blog.Its just ONE comment.That comes every SEVEN days.
    I cannot imagine how it can irk a normal person..Ah,right: it doesn't irritate normal people anyway.You are a different case.I'll ignore that and will let you know about my updates!

    ReplyDelete

Fixin' to move

Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...