Tuesday, December 14, 2004
All at once
Oi, good news first. Sold a couple of stories, am about $100 richer. Also, novel's almost done and so is planning for a multi-chapter HP fic. :D
So exams are done and I'm in LA for a week, staying with the boyfriend's sister and doing touristy things like squealing at the sight of the 'Hollywood' sign on the hills while we were driving to their house from the airport - embarrasing, because my sorry eyesight played tricks on me: the sign actually read 'Rose Hills'. LA is wonderfully sunny and warm... lovely, after weeks of freezing weather, when I couldn't step out of my apartment without being bundled up in mufflers and coats and whatnot, resembling a multicoloured ball more than anything else.
On the agenda for this trip: going to see the real Hollywood sign, touring Universal Studios, perhaps a stop at Disneyland (boyfriend's sister's husband used to work for Disney and can probably get us in for cheap, too!) , and a weekend in Vegas. You should now imagine me rubbing me hands in gleeeeeeee.
But all is not well in my head.
1. There's this christmas party I will be going to with the boyfriend. It's going to be full of proper grown-ups talking about proper grown-up things and behaving in general grownuppy ways. I'm freaking out.
2. The boyfriend's sister has just given us our wedding present. Never mind that the event itself is like 5 months away (YIKES). True, it makes sense to give it to is when we're here and not in India, when we'll have loads of luggage to lug back, but... you know.
3. The present is this humungous set of kitchen stuff. Pots and pans and silverware and knives and that sort of thing. What happened to the days when I used to get earrings and books and wonderful silk scarves (:D NMKie's bye-bye gift, thanks Divya)?
I'm comtemplating getting a jazzy new hair colour to compensate for all this sudden growing up. Please vote on:
(a) Blue highlights
(b) Black and white bands (Indira Gandhi style)
(c) Orange
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fixin' to move
Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...
-
As I type up last Friday's blog inviting questions for the weekly "Ask Me Anything Day", Saurabh looks over my shoulder. Click...
-
Yes, there have been no updates lately, but that is because - well - With a view towards relaxation and general surfing, I trolled LJ for fu...
-
. I have yet again managed to rip my schedule to shreds and shamelessly shy away from work. I need to do something about it... and what bet...
No comments:
Post a Comment