Saturday, October 16, 2004

Has anyone seen my plot?


NaNoWriMo is up and I've been trying to get the bits of my story together, like ingredients collected nicely in separate cups in those cooking shows on TV, so I can start combining them smoothly and elegantly (I wish!) come November.

And as if my penchant for writing sentences like the above isn't enough trouble, I have now lost my plot, which is spiralling skyhigh in an exuberant display of pointlessness. I hate pointless plots. Pointless plots need eye-poppingly magical characters, which need inspiration of the highest order, which needs mountains and lakes for a view instead of brownstone buildings and streets filled with impersonal cars.

What's more, my exams are in the first week of December. It's a conspiracy, I tell you.

I am now seriously considering picking up a piece of fan fiction that I had planned to shelve for the time being and writing that instead of an original novel. It has the huge plus of being beautifully plotted (by me) and filled with eye-poppingly magical characters (property of Joanne Rowling). All those in favour, say aye.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fixin' to move

Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...