Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Mush

Next weekend looms, and a definite sappiness seems to have kicked into my life. I'm going through all the stages in the "moving on to a whole new chapter of life" thing, soup to nuts, missing none, sometimes backtracking and doing things twice.

Wondering where on earth the last four years - heck, the last couple of months - went? Check. Stopping abruptly in the midst of conversation to gaze fondly at friends, words of amiable insult dying on my lips? Check. Thinking things like - "Now, what sort of gift says 'BWAAAAHHHHH I can't bear to leave you!' without seeming too pathetic?" Check. Wilfully looking at HDB flats because I won't get to see them after I leave? Check. Clobbering boyfriend when he tries to reassure me by telling me how he's completely lost touch with college friends, so it's OK, in five years this won't matter? Check.

I'm a wreck. Embarrassing tears threaten to break out at the drop of a smile. As usual, tension about other stuff is the only solution. I very intelligently planned for this very contingency by leaving the really, really important stuff till the last.

So I'm applying for my visa only tomorrow, and I'm afraid I won't get it. (Once again, the boyfriend tries to reassure me by telling me 60% of all applicants are granted visas.) Mild panic is beginning to set in because I can't seem to get a flight booking from any of the three travel agents I contacted. My packing's not done, and the money is tight.

So HA to you, suckers - now I'm too busy biting my nails down to the quick to have an emotional breakdown.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Wendelin The Weird, There are not too many good firesale related sites that aren't full of junk posts, search engine scraping and except for keyword stuffing, nothing useful related to firesale. It was nice to find an exception today when I happened upon your site. Keep it going.

    ReplyDelete

Fixin' to move

Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...