Monday, August 23, 2004

The Me Has Landed

First impressions: USA is huge. Open skies, everywhere, simply everywhere. I'm homesick for skyscrapers already (not to say I don't like this).

And the people here are MAD. There's this grocery store right across the street from my college campus and people drive there. I kid you not. There isn't even a naam-ke-vaaste pedestrian walkway to get there, I have to walk on the grass.

I should do this in a more orderly fashion.

The flight was hell. I'm still stiff from it; I don't think I'll ever truly want to sit again. Food was crap, service was worse and the entertainment was unimaginably ghastly. Don't fly United unless you intend to consume alcohol in large enough quantities to pay for your ticket. (The one good thing is they aren't stingy at all with the booze. There was this woman with a 10-month old baby beside me who was going at it with gusto. Three vodkas, one tequila, one whisky, one beer and two white wines. I kept track.) Incidentally, the service staff on the flight are moderately mad.

I got here on Saturday night, and the boyfriend picked me up and drove me to school. Checked into my dorm, which is a two-bedroom apartment meant for four people which actually houses three now. I live with a Bulgarian female and Japanese female. Nice-ish. The Bulgarian woman's homesick all the time so I find myself doing a lot of shoulder-patting.

I got matriculated today, in more ways than one. Missed my first official class. :) I now have a job with the external affairs office. The interview was slightly unsettling. My job description includes liaising with alumni, handling the publication intended for them and flower arrangement. So yeah, I'm unsettled, a bit.

Weather's beautiful. Makes me miss Ani, though. :D

I'll tell you more about my life if you really, really want to know, but I'd better stop before this becomes the blog that Amit is always alleging it is.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Wendelin The Weird, As you are probably aware, there are so many junk filled blogs. As I was searching for own product related information today, it was a nice break from the 'usual' to come across your blog. I am happy I searched for own product related ideas today. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Fixin' to move

Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...