Thursday, April 15, 2004
Golden Arches diet updates
I wrote an entry a while back about this woman called Soso Whaler who's going on a 'healthy' McDonald's diet in response to Morgan Spurlock's "Supersize Me". I thought it would be interesting to see if this female could reach her goal of losing weight in the one month that she eats only Mac's food... that it would be something unbiased and fair, even though the site she posts on is sponsored by Mac's. Well, guess what.
She is blatantly cheating on her diet. She started off saying that she wouldn't be gorging herself on Mac's food, that she'd eat 3 meals a day there and stop when she was full. Fair enough. But in her latest entries she is clearly starving herself:
- she once eats just one cup of Mac's yoghurt for dinner beause she 'can't find a restaurant' and has to get someone to pack this for her, even though she was 'starving' and the yoghurt didn't really make her full.
- she has once had a McGriddle sandwich and orange juice for breakfast and because her schedule didn't permit it, had a combined lunch and dinner at 3.30 pm which consisted of a filet o' fish and a yoghurt parfait.
Her blog entries are full of praise for the taste, variety and nutrition of Mac's food. Seriously. She mentions how she's loving the 'new adventures of the palate' or some such in at least 8 of the 12 entries so far... and I categorically refuse to believe that someone can eat exclusively in one restaurant for 16 days and not want to throw things, let alone get excited about finding out that the Hot Lemon something pie is their favourite dessert of all time. She admits herself that she eats the McGriddle and Filet O' Fish as often as she can, and still goes on to claim that she's not tired of the food at all, that she looks forward to every meal with great enthusiasm. Crap.
She also seems to have stopped her doing her daily updates for the past four days. Maybe she got sick. And except for a much-publicised 5th day entry about having lost 3 pounds (in five days - right.) she hasn't mentioned her weight ever again. Her latest entry talks about how unfair it is that the government comes up with things like BMI just to 'make people feel unhealthy', and how we shouldn't be concered about superficial things like weight and the body image that the media feeds us.
Methinks one Soso Whaley is getting a bit bloated, perhaps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fixin' to move
Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...
-
As I type up last Friday's blog inviting questions for the weekly "Ask Me Anything Day", Saurabh looks over my shoulder. Click...
-
Yes, there have been no updates lately, but that is because - well - With a view towards relaxation and general surfing, I trolled LJ for fu...
-
. I have yet again managed to rip my schedule to shreds and shamelessly shy away from work. I need to do something about it... and what bet...
No comments:
Post a Comment