Friday, February 13, 2004

Latitude problem


It's summertime in Singapore. As usual. It's summer here in February and June and August and December. But that's an old rant, so let's say something new here. It's been a long time since I came to Singapore. I've lived in Woodlands for all but 1.5 years of the time I've stayed here. That makes it the longest I've ever stayed in one place in my life - 2 years in Bangalore, 1.5 years in Delhi, 1 year in Bangalore, 3 years in Delhi, 5 years in Bangalore - then wham! - 9 years in Singapore. How utterly boring.

My problem is that I'm getting old. I can remember the day I turned 13 (significant because that's when I came to Singapore) like it was yesterday and time has no business letting me remember it like that and still be this old now. And the problem boils down to the weather: it's always boiling here. It gives you no sense of the passage of time - you can't remember things by saying, "I went to KL last summer not winter..."

Oh never mind, I'm just in a boring, ranty mood. It's not near my birthday or anything either, don't know why I'm feeling old all of a sudden.

Meanwhile, no valentine's day wishes on this blog, as a protest against blatant mindless consumerism in the world today. Happy Friday the 13th, tho!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fixin' to move

Bored and restless am I. It's time to move on from this "wendelin" business. I'm fixing up a new place to get properly res...